apply for a home
Interested in applying to purchase a Habitat home?
Habitat for Humanity of Tuolumne County accepts applications from prospective homebuyers one 1-2 times per year. Applications can be downloaded online or picked up from the Habitat administrative office at 14317 Mono Way, Suite F, Sonora, CA.
Application acceptance days are on these following dates:
June 21st-26th, 2021
Application packets must include the following:
- Completed application
- Credit report request authorization form
- Employment verification
- Equal Credit Opportunity Request notice
- Income verification
- Landlord/rental verification form
- Statement of need
Subsequent phases of the application process include home visits and other paperwork.
The Six Steps of Homeownership
- A Tuolumne County resident who meets all eligibility requirements applies and is selected. The person or family must be able to pay a mortgage, have a need, and be willing to partner with Habitat.
- Sponsors and donors raise funds for building materials and services to build the homes. Businesses, individuals, charitable organizations, foundations, and other sources including Habitat’s ReStore, contribute to the build fund.
- Volunteers work with Habitat homebuyers to provide financial training and education on how to be a successful homeowner; help them build the home; and guide them through the process of purchasing a home and completing “sweat equity.”
- The home is sold to the homebuyer via a long-term, affordable mortgage.
- The family now owns a safe, decent home that meets their needs.
- Proceeds from the sale of the home go toward the next slate of houses and supports Habitat’s goal of bringing people together to build strength, stability, and self-reliance through shelter.
2020/2021 Financial Guidelines
|Minimum Income||Maximum Income|